IBEW LOCAL 196
IBEW Local 196 Income Protection
Continue getting paid if you can’t work due to illness, injury, or death!
Plan Information Overview
– Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 Weeks
– Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 5 or 10 years
– Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working Member of the IBEW Local 196 can be denied coverage!
Is What You Currently Have Enough?
Short-Term Disability (STD)
IBEW Local 196 Members who are covered by the Local 196 LINECO benefit (applies to outside construction Members) have a $600/week Short-Term Disability benefit that pays for 26 weeks. If your paycheck is normally $1,500/week and you get sick or injured, you would receive $600 in weekly benefits. That leaves an income gap of $900/week or 60% of your weekly income.
Long-Term Disability (LTD)
The Local 196 LINECO benefit does not offer Long-Term Disability. That leaves an income gap of 100% of your weekly income.
There is only a $20,000 Life Insurance benefit for Members.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a Member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
– Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
– Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
– Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the Member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The Member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The Member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at (224) 770−5305 for more information.